Through its Jean d’Alembert fellowship program the Paris-Saclay excellence initiative wants to allow highly qualified foreign scientists to stay for long periods (from 6 to 12 months) in one of the laboratories within its perimeter. Scientists from all disciplines and all countries are eligible. The content of the work project and the period of the stay must be decided with the Paris-Saclay host team before the application. Two different programs are offered:
- junior researcher fellowships for candidates who have obtained their PhD less than ten years before the date of the application,
- senior researcher fellowships.
In both cases, the 6 to 12 months stay can be divided into a maximum of two periods of minimal duration of three months each, separated by at most 12 months between the end of the first period and the beginning of the second.
The fellowship will include:
- An additional monthly salary of € 2,600 net for the junior researchers program, and € 3,300 net for seniors,
- Accompanying fees, which can include operating costs necessary for the project and more generally the costs related to the temporary installation in the French lab.
The host laboratory should provide assistance on subjects such as housing, schooling of children, learning French language, etc.
- Doctoral degree or equivalent obtained for less than 10 years at the time of the application for junior researchers.
- Researchers employed at a foreign university or research institution for the full duration of the project (tenure track is accepted, not long term post-doctoral position).
- Applicants who have been residing in France for more than six months at the time of application are not eligible,
- French citizens can apply to the program, provided their usual place of residence and work has been abroad for at least five years at the time of application.
- The fellow will be recruited by the parent institution of the host laboratory. At the time of the application, the host laboratory must ensure that the limit age of recruitment will not to be exceeded before the end of the stay.
Supporting documents required
- A full CV including a list of publications.
- Letters of Recommendation, preferably from outside the Paris-Saclay perimeter.
- A research project and possibly a training or seminars program, developed jointly with the host team.
- A letter from the Director of the host laboratory, specifying in particular the use of the accompanying fees during the stay.
For the needs of the selection step, it is preferable to clearly mention which UPSaclay Department(s) is (are) involved in the project (to be seen with the host laboratory).
Fellows will be selected solely on the basis of the quality of the applicant and proposed project:
- Quality of the applicant’s scientific track record (professional background, impact and originality of the scientific contributions).
- Quality of the proposed project (importance in its field, relevance of the proposed approach, feasibility, available resources beside those of the d’Alembert fellowship, expected impact for the host laboratory and more broadly for Université Paris-Saclay (scientific, training, innovation and transfer to industry).
Deadline for application and submission process
Applications must be filed at the latest on March 31, 2017, before midnight French time via the online form (link “Register” below).
An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent. Answers will be given about one month after the application deadline. In all cases, the contract will have to be signed before December 31, 2017 and the termination date might not exceed December 31, 2020.
For more information or technical problem, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.