Following the success of I.S.Rivers 2012 and 2015, the GRAIE and ZABR are launching the third edition of I.S.Rivers in 2018, dedicated to research and practices on natural and human-impacted large rivers worldwide.
I.S.Rivers will take place from June 4 to 8, 2018 at the Lumière Lyon 2 University, a prestigious venue situated near the Rhône river.
This international conference is dedicated to research and practices on natural and human-impacted large rivers, in particular functioning, changes and processes, interface and interactions, management policies, engineering.
The I.S.Rivers conference concentrates on the state of art management strategies and lessons learned from individual case studies. Particular consideration is given to the integration of physical, ecological and social perspectives of the different stakeholders involved in river management (governance, economy, culture), which is reflected in the title of the conference (“Integrative Sciences for rivers”).
The ambition of I.S.Rivers
- A conference focusing on rivers
- A conference in which all facets of the rivers may be addressed
- A conference with multidisciplinary research occurring in interaction with management
- A conference with feedbacks on innovative operational actions enabling the transferability of good practices for river restoration and management
- A conference with French-English simultaneous translation (and vice-versa) to promote a real exchange between delegates, and access to knowledge of research, actions and experiments conducted on French rivers
The ambition of the organisers is to promote exchanges between scientists on the one hand, & river managers and stakeholders on the other hand.
500 delegates are expected with a balanced distribution between practitioners and scientists (60% from France, 25% from Europe and 15% from the rest of the world).